Things you need to know about Ration Card Maharashtra
Are you living in the state of Maharashtra and want to purchase essential commodities that too at subsidized rates? If you are a Maharashtrian citizen looking to do so, then you must learn that you learn everything about Ration Card Maharashtra. It is because owning a ration card involves a process and requires you to fulfill specific eligibility criteria. So, here is presenting all the essential facts you need to know about Ration Card Maharashtra. They are given below:
What is a digital ration card in Maharashtra?
The digital ration card in Maharashtra is essentially available as a ‘Smart Card’. It is a critical legal document that a household can use to get food grains at subsidized rates. A digitalized Ration Card Maharashtra is also used as an identity card and proof of address under any circumstances. The government is also looking to introduce smart ration cards to distribute rations within the country.
How can I check my ration card details in Maharashtra?
The Government of Maharashtra has set up an official website mahafood.gov.in to give you a chance to check the status of your ration card. On the page of this site, there is an option provided that you must click to check the status of your Ration Card Maharashtra. The Above the Poverty Line or APL and Below the Poverty Line list or BPL is made using the ration card in Maharashtra by considering the family’s financial status and the number of family members.
Can we download ration cards online in Maharashtra?
Yes, you can download your Ration Card Maharashtra online, and for this reason, the Maharashtra government has set up the official website mahafood.gov.in. Within this site, you need to enter the page https://rcms.mahafood.gov.in/ by clicking on the link.
If you intend to download a Ration Card, then you must follow a few steps:
- Visit that Government website for Maharashtra- Food, Civil Supplies, and Consumer Protection to fill and submit the ratio card form.
- On the left-hand side, there is a download option that provides you with an opportunity to click to proceed downloading form no 14.
- Then you must print out the form and fill in the correct details.
- Please submit it to the department.
What are the different types of ration cards in Maharashtra?
Eight types of ration cards in Maharashtra are made available by the Controller of Rationing and the Director of Civil Supplies Government of Maharashtra. The various types of Ration Card Maharashtra are given below:
- Yellow Ration Card:
This type of ration card is meant for families with an annual income of just Rs 15,000. None of the family members should be a doctor, lawyer, chartered accountant, or architect to be eligible for this ration card. Furthermore, a family should not possess a residential telephone or a four-wheeler. Finally, family members must also not be professional taxpayers or income taxpayers.
- Saffron Ration Card:
Regarding this type of ration card, only a family with annual revenue of Rs 15,000 to Rs 1 lakh is eligible to possess it. None of the family members should own a four-wheeled vehicle. The family must also include a four-hectare or more irrigated land.
- White Ration Card:
The White Ration Card is for families having an annual income of Rs 1 lakh, possessing a four-wheeler, or those owning irrigated land measuring four-hectare or more.
- Antyodaya Anna Yojana (AAY):
The poorest of the poor in the state are provided with food grains through the Antyodaya Anna Yojana or AAY ration card. This scheme provides for 9316 beneficiaries who are given the ration card.
- ExtendedAntyodaya Anna Yojana (AAY) First Extension:
The AAY was extended further by the Government of India to beneficiaries having an annual income of Rs 5.011 lakhs in the state. It is essentially eligible for terminally ill people who are 60 years of age or more. The AAY is created to give the Primitive Tribal Housing top priority. As per this program, the Mumbai Rationing Area has issued 3960 ration cards to beneficiaries.
- Second Extension of the Antyodaya Anna Yojana:
The Government of India further extends the AAY or Antyodaya Anna Yojana to families having an annual income of Rs 4.81 lakhs. They include landless agriculture laborers, marginal farmers, artisans, and artisans such as potters, tanners, weavers, blacksmiths, carpenters, and slum dwellers. According to the rule mentioned above, the Mumbai Rationing Area has issued 3694 ration cards to the AAY program’s beneficiaries that have been extended for the second time.
- ThirdExtension of the Antyodaya Anna Yojana:
The Government of India undertakes this third extension of the AAY or Antyodaya Anna Yojana to increase the beneficiaries to 521500 in Maharashtra. But, more importantly, this type of AAY ration card is also given out on a priority basis to individuals who have HIV/AIDS as well as Leprosy.
- Annapurna Scheme:
It is a 100% centrally sponsored scheme under which about 10 kg of food grains per month is accessible to impoverished people 65 years and above.
The only eligibility criteria to qualify for this scheme is that the individual should be the recipient of the National Old Age or State Pension Scheme.
How can I add my name to the ration card online in Maharashtra?
There are two ways by which you can acquire a registered Ration Card Maharashtra, i.e. online and offline. Here are the steps you need to take to apply for a ration card online.
- To begin with, you need to visit this website and click this link http://mahafood.gov.in/website/english/home.aspx.
- You must create an account if you do not possess one.
- You need to fill up the names of your family members on the website.
- Ensure that you fill in the correct information or risk your application getting rejected.
- You must submit a birth certificate or proof of residency to add your name to the ration card.
- Maharashtra Government Food, Civil Supplies, and Consumer Protection Department mentions a list of documents. You need to check it and upload it.
- Once the application is completed, the system will generate a reference number. The status of the application you can check by using this number.
- One month after you complete the ration application form online, you will get the card registered to your home address.
- The fees for making a ration card fall from Rs 3 to 45. range.
What is the APL Card?
The APL or Above the Poverty Line Card is a ‘Saffron’ colored ration card introduced by the Government of Maharashtra for families living above the poverty line during the lockdown caused by the pandemic in 2020. These saffron cardholders must have a family annual income ranging from Rs 10,000 to Rs 1 lakh. They also receive 20 kg of wheat at Rs 2 per kg and 15kg at Rs 3 per kg per, according to the guidelines set by the Ration Card Maharashtra Food, Civil Supplies, and Consumer Protection Department.
How can I get a smart ration card in Maharashtra?
You must follow a procedure to get a smart Ration Card in Maharashtra. There are three steps involved, and they are as follows:
- First, you need to visit the official website of the Maharashtra Government Food, Civil Supplies, and Consumer Protection Department by clicking the link http://mahafood.gov.in/website/marathi/home.aspx.
- The applicant then needs to click the download link available on the website’s homepage.
- Finally, an application form will appear on clicking the link, which you will need to fill and submit.
How can I add my child’s name to the ration card online?
You need to follow a process to add your child’s name on Ration Card Maharashtra online. They are as follows:
- To begin with, you need to visit the website http://mahafood.gov.in/website/marathi/home.aspx and click on it.
- Secondly, you need to create an account for yourself if you do not have one.
- On the site, you shall find the option that permits you to add the name of any family member, including your child.
- Fill in the information asked in the form on the website. Since providing incorrect information could lead to the rejection of your application.
- To add your child’s name, you must possess a birth certificate and even proof of residency.
- The site will ask you for a list of documents you will need to upload accordingly.
- Finally, you need to submit your application and get the reference number generated by the system. It is this number that you can use to check the status of your application.
- Within one month, you shall receive your new ration card with your child’s name at your official registered address.
How can I update my ration card to an Aadhar card?
It is a fact that you can update/link your ration card details maharashtra to your Aadhar card offline and online. However, there are a few steps that you need to follow. They are as follows:
Step 1: You must visit a PDS center or ration shop.
Step 2: Bring photocopies of the ration card and copies of the Aadhar card of all your family members. Also, carry a photograph of the head of the family.
Step 3: In case your bank account is not linked to your Aadhar Card, you must also submit your bank passbook.
Step 4: Submit all these documents at the PDS center or ration shop along with a copy of the Aadhar Card.
Step 5: The representative at the ration shop or PDS center may ask you for fingerprint authentication for the first time Aadhar authentication.
Step 1: First, visit the official website of the Maharashtra PDS portal.
Step 2: Ensure that you enter your ration card number correctly.
Step 3: Enter your Aadhar number.
Step 4: Fill in your registered mobile number.
Step 5: Click on the continue/submit button to proceed.
Step 6: An OTP will be sent to your registered mobile.
Step 7: Enter the OTP to request for ration card Aadhar link.
How can I check my ration card online?
To check your Ration Card Maharashtra status online, you must do the following. They are as follows:
- The first step you will need to take is to visit the official website mahafood.gov.in.
- Then, you find the option for checking your ration card status on the homepage.
- Click the option to check for status.
- On clicking, you shall receive all the information you need about your ration card status.
- You are given the option to download and save your status card option. In addition, you can also take the printout of the ration card status if you choose to.
What are the different colors of the ration card?
In the state of Maharashtra, ration card is available in three colors, i.e. yellow, orange/saffron, and white.
- Yellow Ration Card: Is meant for families who have an annual income of just Rs 15,000. There cannot be a member in a family who is a doctor, architect, lawyer, or chartered accountant to be eligible for this ration card. A family member must also not be the owner of a residential telephone or even a four-wheeler. Finally, there must be no member in the family who is an income taxpayer.
- Orange/Saffron Ration Card: Families with annual revenue of Rs 15,000 to Rs 1 lakh per year are eligible for this ration card. In addition, no family member should be an owner of a four-wheeler or a four-hectare or more irrigated land.
- White Ration Card: Is for families having an annual income of Rs 1 lakh, owning a four-wheeler, and even holding an irrigated land.
What are the benefits of a white ration card in Maharashtra?
There are a few benefits to using a White Ration Card in Maharashtra. They are as follows:
- Holders of the white ration card can acquire food at subsidized rates.
- A holder of a white ration card can get free medical assistance using Arogyasri Hospitals.
- The white ration card can be used as Proof of Residency for property transactions and driving licenses.
So, regarding all vital information related to the Ration Card Maharashtra, we have, through this blog, answered the most asked questions on Google search. Therefore, if you want to know everything about getting yourself Ration Card Maharashtra, this article is a guidebook you need to educate and enlighten yourself.
Be sure to visit the Homepage to take advantage of new and useful schemes like this.